A dark, slightly sticky, sweet bread. A truly special delight
4 cups rye flour 1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda 1/2 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon salt 2 eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk 1 tablespoon anise seed
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar 1 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup white sugar
* Click to ingredient to choose one
• Combine flour, sugar, and anise seed together in a very large bowl; create a well in the center
• Mix warm water and yeast together in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 10 minutes
• Beat warm milk, eggs, and butter together in a bowl; stir into yeast mixture. Add milk mixture to the well in the flour mixture. Knead flour-milk mixture using your hands until dough and your hands are no longer sticky. Cover dough with a clean cotton cloth and let rise, 8 hours to overnight
• Grease and flour 6 loaf pans
• Punch dough down and divide into 6 portions. Mold each portion into a round shape and place each in a prepared pan. Cover pans and let rise for 1 hour more
• Bake in the preheated oven until bread is cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes
Breadful World is a world full of bread, obviously :-) We are people who love to share their bread recipes more than their bread. So if there is any new idea, tip or a tasty recipe at your mind, drop us a line! :-) Enjoy responsibly.
Always up to date about our news
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.